- tobias.winkler at cs.rwth-aachen.de
- Room 4231
I am a PhD student in the Software Modeling and Verification Group headed by Professor Joost-Pieter Katoen. Moreover, I am an associated doctoral researcher in the research training group UnRAVel.
My research focuses on automatic formal analysis of probabilistic systems, both from a theoretical and practical point of view. More specifically, my research interests include:
- Probabilistic Model Checking, in particular stochastic games and probabilistic push-down systems
- Parametric Probabilistic Models, that is, models that are not fully specified but depend on some parameters
- Probabilistic Programs, in particular invariant-based and other rule-based approaches
If you are interested in writing a Bachelor/Master’s thesis in any of the areas mentioned above, don’t hesitate to contact me. You can also check our list of open topics. I am currently supervising or have supervised the following thesis projects:
Ongoing thesis projects
- Compositional Control-Flow Reduction for Probabilistic Model Checking – Leon Barth, Bachelor’s thesis.
Past thesis projects
- Automata-based Model Checking of Recursive Systems – Christina Gehnen, Bachelor’s thesis.
- Probabilistic Programming WS20/21
- Probabilistic Programming (Seminar) WS20/21
- Datenstrukturen und Algorithmen SS20
- Introduction to Program Analysis (Proseminar) SS20
- Our paper Generating Functions for Probabilistic Programs (joint work with Kevin Batz, Lutz Klinkenberg, Benjamin Lucien Kaminski, Joost-Pieter Katoen and Joshua Moerman) has received the best paper award at LOPSTR 2020.
- I was awarded the Springorum Medal in 2020 for receiving a master’s degree with distinction.
Peer Review (External Reviewer)
You can also find me on dblp.
|[bibtex] [issue]||Lutz Klinkenberg, Kevin Batz, Benjamin Lucien Kaminski, Joost-Pieter Katoen, Joshua Moerman, Tobias Winkler. Generating Functions for Probabilistic Programs, 30th International Symposium on Logic-Based Program Synthesis and Transformation (LOPSTR2020), Volume 12561 of Theoretical Computer Science and General Issues, 231-248, Springer, 2021.|
|[bibtex] [issue]||Joost-Pieter Katoen, , Tobias Winkler. The complexity of reachability in parametric Markov decision processes, Journal of computer and system sciences 119, pages 183-210, Elsevier, 2021.,|
|[bibtex] [issue]||Joost-Pieter Katoen, , Tobias Winkler. Stochastic Games with Lexicographic Reachability-Safety Objectives, 32nd International Conference on Computer Aided Verification (CAV 2020), Volume 12225 of LNCS, 398-420, Springer, 2020.,|
|[bibtex] [issue]||Tobias Winkler. Approximating Values of Generalized-Reachability Stochastic Games, 35th Annual ACM/IEEE Symposium on Logic in Computer Science (LICS20), 102-115, Association for Computing Machingery, 2020., , , ,|
|[bibtex] [issue]||Lutz Klinkenberg, Kevin Batz, Benjamin Lucien Kaminski, Joost-Pieter Katoen, Joshua Moerman, Tobias Winkler. Generating Functions for Probabilistic Programs, 2020. https://arxiv.org/abs/2007.06327|